Scroll to top
SPANISH TORTILLA Tapas Board
EGGS BENEDICT “SERRANO STYLE”
- 1 pack of sol serrano ham
- 1 pack of sol chorizo cubes
- 11 medium free range eggs
- 50g of melted butter
- 20mls of white wine vinegar
- a pinch of paprika
- 500g of baby potatoes
- salt and pepper to season
- 50g of baby spinach
- a splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Boil potatoes till firm to the touch, strain, leave to cool and dice
- Half fill a pot with water, add 10 mls( half) of the white wine vinegar to it and bring to the boil.
- To make the Hollandise, separate 3 of the eggs and place the 3 yolks into a clean dry bowl, adding the remaining (10 mls) of white wine vinegar to the eggs.
- Place the bowl over the pot , making sure that the bowl does not touch the water, and whisk the yolks and vinegar briskly until mixture doubles in size.
- Take the bowl off the heat and gradually, while whisking, add the melted butter.
- Continue this until consistency can coat the back of a spoon , runny but not too thick, season and set aside.
- Using the same pot, turn heat down to medium, add 4 eggs , cracked one at a time, and running a spoon around the edges of the water each time to create a whirlpool. Repeat for remaining 4 eggs.
- Cook for 4 minutes, remove from pot and place ón kitchen paper to drain, season.
- To a hot oiled pan add diced chorizo and potatoes, season and after 4-5 minutes add spinach to the pan and when wilted remove from heat.
- Present by spooning ¼ of potato mix in a bowl, place ham ón top of mix, two poached eggs ón top of ham and drizzle with Hollandise sauce, finish with a pinch of paprika.